Campus Animal Resources Update June 15, 2021
After consultation with EHS, it has been determined that room capacity limits for the animal housing and procedure rooms in CAR facilities are no longer required. According to the latest updates with the MSU Community Compact and COVID Directives, physical distancing and masking is NOT required (though certainly allowable) for those people who are fully vaccinated. Both distancing and masking are still required for those people who are not fully vaccinated.
We will continue to use the Google calendars to sign up for the hoods in each space, however you will be able to enter a room with others if you need to observe cages or remove one from the room. The room capacity signs in CAR facilities will be removed by the end of the week.
As a reminder, MSU faculty, staff and students are personally responsible for following the requirements that pertain to them based on their current vaccination status.
- Campus Animal Resources - Main phone, general questions: 517-353-5064.
- Urgent animal condition or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, or call outside of workday hours:
- CARLOS questions, animal orders, billing inquiries, new accounts: CARLOS@msu.edu.
- Housing facilities, husbandry, feeding questions and concerns: CARinfo@msu.edu.
- Click Help Desk: email@example.com, 517-355-2000.
- IACUC Office: firstname.lastname@example.org , 517-432-8103, 517-353-9705.