COVID-19 Health & Safety Info Sheet
What to do for Covid-19 symptoms, positive tests, reporting and travel.
Last updated Jan. 7, 2022
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
- Do not come to the research laboratory, creative space or other work area. Notify your PI/supervisor that you will not be coming in and make plans for your work to be covered by someone.
- Get tested as soon as possible. For more information on testing, please review the MSU COVID-19 information page at https://msu.edu/together-we-will/testing-reporting/
If you have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
If you have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Do not come to the laboratory. Notify your PI/supervisor that you will not be coming in. Make plans for your work to be covered by someone. Please call the COVID-19 Triage Line at 855-958-2678 for guidance. The COVID-19 Triage Line will provide guidance on isolation procedures.
- Also, contact EHS (Tel: 517-355-0153; email: email@example.com) for guidance regarding research space cleaning and disinfection.
- All information should be kept confidential between the individual, the PI/supervisor and the chair/director. However, after speaking with the COVID-19 Triage Line we encourage those who test positive to contact those who have been identified as close contacts if they feel comfortable doing so.
If you are leaving or returning from domestic or non-domestic travel:
- Please check https://oihs.isp.msu.edu/travel-during-covid-19-pandemic/ for guidance for both national and international travel.
- Report concerns, questions, or comments to your supervisor, or to MSU Environmental Health & Safety at 517-355-0153.
- You may access the MSU Misconduct Hotline https://misconduct.msu.edu/. The University prohibits retaliation against any individual who makes a report in good faith of known or suspected misconduct.