Mobility Community Meeting
Join us for a kick-off meeting as MSU begins to build an on-campus community of researchers investigating all different aspects of mobility and autonomous transportation. The meeting is co-sponsored by Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies Hsu and by the Center for Interdisciplinarity.
The overarching goals of this meeting are:
- Coordination of campus mobility research, development, testing, and implementation efforts
- External visibility of efforts, including comprehensive mobility web portal
Please note that we have established the website https://mobility.msu.edu. Populating it with a comprehensive overview of our infrastructure, ongoing research projects, partnership opportunities, and future plans will be part of this meeting.
- Status updates and plans
- Campus mobility initiative (Bauer)
- Technology (Radha or Verboncoeur)
- Social sciences and other mobility efforts (Cotton, Pentland)
- Research on legal and business applications (?)
- SAIC autonomous shuttle project
- Plans for Spartan Village (Verboncoeur)
- Mobility Czar (Kempel)
- NSF, DoT, ERC, or other multidisciplinary external funding opportunities (discussion)
- Outreach: website, media collection, and curation, branding (Bertram)