Webinar Series: Globally Inclusive Language & Images
MSU is a vibrant, global community of students, faculty, staff and partners from around the world. In support of MSU's long-term commitment to international engagement, the Globally Inclusive Language & Images webinar series will serve as a catalyst for campus-wide reflection and action by offering information and resources that reinforce globally inclusive practices.
The Globally Inclusive Language & Images sessions will:
- Demonstrate the need to shift from centering the U.S. Spartan experience toward celebrating MSU's global community
- Highlight lived experiences from international colleagues, students and scholars
- Raise awareness around biases that lead to common missteps
- Empower participants to examine, reflect on and revise current approaches
- Provide tools, tips and resources to implement change
At the conclusion of this series, attendees will be equipped with expanded knowledge and resources to implement and reinforce globally inclusive practices in their work and personal lives. Learn more about this series on the ISP/Global DEI website.
The Globally Inclusive Language & Images learning series welcomes anyone and everyone in our MSU community to participate—administration, faculty, staff, students and scholars—especially those who develop university-related internal and external communications.
November 30, 2021 - An Introduction
- Advance registration not required
- Zoom link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/91290624058
- Password: GlobalDEI
Future events in the series:
January 2022 (date being finalized) - Putting into Practice
February 2022 (date being finalized) - Tips, Tools and Resources