Webinar Series: Globally Inclusive Language & Images Part II
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Virtual via Zoom
International Studies & Programs and the Global DEI Task Force present a three-part webinar series on using inclusive language and images in a global context.
Visit the Global DEI website to learn more about this initiative and to view the video from first session.
How do globally inclusive language and images contribute to a welcoming university community? In this session, attendees will be given real-world examples, including common missteps and best practices, and learn how to begin implementing and strengthening more globally inclusive communications and interactions.
- Jabbar Bennett, Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
- Ashley Green, Assistant Dean for Administration and Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, International Studies and Programs
- Jonglim Han, Assistant Director, Dow STEM Scholars
- Salah Hassan, Director, Global Studies in Arts and Humanities and Associate Professor, Arab American and Muslim American Studies
- Folu Ogundimu, Associate Professor, School of Journalism
- Eduardo Olivo, Associate Director for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Residence Education and Housing Services
- Judith Walgren, Associate Director and Professor of Practice, School of Journalism
- Date: January 26, 2022
- Time: 3:00–4:30 p.m. EST (UTC/GMT -5)
- Join via Zoom
- Password: GlobalDEI