Racial Equity 2030 - Process and Timeline
Readiness: October 2020 – January 2021
Use the Organizational Readiness Tool to determine if your solution is a good match for this challenge.
MSU Internal Deadlines:
- Information session for interested faculty members: Nov. 6
- Internal white paper guidelines issued: Nov. 9
- Deadline for submission of internal white papers: Dec. 4
- Internal review and selection of top proposal team(s): Dec. 21
- Work sessions with selected team(s) to hone concepts, position work strategically, and provide advice/ guidance with application development: Ongoing until application deadline of February 25, 2021
Registration: January 28, 2021
After completing the Organizational Readiness Tool, register as an applicant for Racial Equity 2030. Deadline for registration is Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Application: February 25, 2021
Once you have registered for Racial Equity 2030, complete and submit your application no later than Thursday, February 25, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Evaluation: March – May 2021
Each eligible applicant will review five peer submissions, providing scores and comments. Top-scoring applications will be further reviewed by an expert panel.
Finalists Selection: July 2021
Up to ten Finalists will each receive a one-year $1 million planning grant and nine months of capacity-building support to further develop their project and strengthen their application.
Awardees Announced: Summer 2022
At least three Awardees will each receive a $20 million grant and two will each receive a $10 million grant. Grants will be paid out over nine years.