Transition of Responsibilities from Montgomery to Buhler
As reported in January, Dr. Beronda Montgomery, Associate Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Operations in Research and Innovation, has accepted the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College at Grinnell University and will begin her new role there on July 1.
Her current duties in our office have now transitioned to Dr. Doug Buhler, Associate Vice President for Food, Environment, and International Programs. His responsibilities will now include:
- Administration of centers and institutes
- Oversight of the Global Impact faculty recruiting initiative
- Institutionally Limited Proposals
- PI Waivers and F&A cost exemption requests
- Assistance with research space assignments and liaison with Facilities
- Grant proposal services (consulting, grant editing, etc.)
Please reach out to Dr. Buhler for assistance with the above areas or for projects related to food, the environment, or international projects.
While Dr. Montgomery is irreplaceable, a national search will be conducted over the summer for our next associate vice president with an approximate start date of January 1, 2023. We will engage with the campus community during the search and interview process.
We wish Beronda all the best in her new position and look forward to Doug’s support of research faculty in his expanded role.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Vice President for Research and Innovation