Special consulting services have been developed to assist MSU researchers with proposal preparation support. Our grant consultants have worked with institutions across the country and have developed a set of best practices which they follow and share with MSU researchers.
Note as of March 26, 2021: Previously, some of the services below were available for a fee under a cost-share agreement with the colleges and departments of the faculty using the particular service. With current budget constraints and as an incentive to encourage the use of these services, any related fees are currently suspended. A fee structure may be implemented in the future, but is not anticipated during the 2021 fiscal year.
- Grant editing
- Peer-review coordination
- Proposal consulting
- First draft review (with comments)
- Structure of your proposal
- Exploring funding
- Seminars and webinars
- Grant hot seat sessions (one-day critique sessions with fellow MSU researchers applying to the same agency)
One of the foremost problems encountered by our team is the issue of researchers asking for assistance too close to the submission deadline, limiting our team's ability to help. We recommend researchers start early, contact our office with intent, and follow the best practices with contiguous available programs.
- Joined MSU in January 2012
- Bachelor of Science degree from Michigan State University
- Specializing in NIH, DOD, and foundation grants
- Provides project management and budgeting for complex grants
- Joined MSU in November 2018
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Columbia University
- Completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Rockefeller University, studying the neural mechanisms underlying visual attention.
- Previously worked as a Scientific Editor for the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis
- Sara Steenrod's LinkedIn profile